Wednesday, October 28, 2009

inquisitive and thoughtful, she was the challenge he'd been waiting for

I love summer.
It's these days before the heat kicks in; when its ok to wear stupid flimsy dresses and shorts but also ok to wear jeans or skirts with pretty thick tights; when i can still go outside without fearing for my skin; when I fall in love with Melbourne again.
I don't think everyone really appreciates just how lucky Melburnians are to have the city we have. But I digress.
What I love about summer especially, is the communal nature of it. I mean think for a second; summer...barbecues, outdoor games, seeing friends, picnicking; these are all communal activities. And you know what else is a communal activity? Festivals!
Oh yes my lovelies, festival season is here again! And in Australia we sure have alot of choice.
Big Day Out is just around the corner( and  much to my chagrin, very sold out) with Muse headlining this year...I can hardly contain myself. There are 4500 tickets still to be allocated by ballot though; panique pas!
And BDO will be followed( and preceded ) by the Laneway Festival, Meredith, Good Vibrations, Pyramid, and countless others( including a particular favourite of mine, Pushover).

Listening to: Knew it all along - Midtown

No comments:

Post a Comment