Friday, October 2, 2009

I almost forgot I have this thing

I really admire Courtney Beckett's photography (not to mention her brother, the subject of these particular photographs ♥). Courtney is a young photographer from the suburbs of Chicago(Hoffman Estates for anyone who feels particularly stalkerish...aka Me). Each one of her images tells a different story and conveys a different emotion or situation. Or maybe I'm just particularly easy to convince. That could be it...
I think the above "I Refuse toTo Be A Casualty Of This Indifference" is my favourite (and no, not just for the shirtlessness). It struck a chord with me, the message of 'its alright to want to do something more than "gotoschoolmarryhavekidsretiredie"' is really important. it has to be made clear that living for the sake of living is NOT ok. I know without my impossible dream to drive me, I couldn't face getting out of bed each day.
As Mr John Keating says in Dead Poets Society:
"Live deliberately...make every moment count"
Listening to: A Little Respect - Erasure (or Wheatus if you're a 90s kid like me)

No comments:

Post a Comment