Saturday, April 3, 2010

:(

sorry for the lack of updates this past week but

  1. i was away and omgabfiugbaogabneibginh ugn  i love train travel. we flew to darwin on monday morning, saw crocodiles, were  amazed by the force of the storms, ate lovely food and then got on the ghan which runs from darwin down through central australia to adelaide. it was super awesome fun oh my goodness; and hilarity ensued when we watched the very effeminate very camp 'hospitality manager' subtlely chasing the young hot blonde french chef around the train. trains are narrow, y'know? which means one way traffic. which MEANS some awkward collisions occurred where hot french man mumbled 'excuse-moi' and kept walking while hospitality manager called after him.
    there were alot of old people - apparently its a retirement type trip. who would have known? not my parents obviously!
  2. and this is the most important reason and the part where i stop being witty and amusing (yeah right...)
    the worst thing i could possibly have thought of has happened. if you recall this post from a few weeks ago; the girl I was talking about is a good friend of mine who was the creator and moderator of the blog linked there.She has handed it over to another girl called Charlotte who is going to do an amazing job. Unfortunately Chelle, the creator had to give it up because *braces self* she was suffering from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia and been fighting it for some years. On the morning of March 24; her 24th birthday Michelle lost her fight due to an infection contracted the previous day. She passed away peacefully in her sleep with her parents with her. I am so upset; distressed is an understatement. This girl is one of the strongest and most inspirational people I have ever had the privelige of knowing; I just wish I had got to know her sooner. I can't stop thinking about all the things she could have done - the guy she was in love with who will never know she loved him. So yeah, I needed some time to calm down and I have done that. I'll be posting again now but probably less frequently for a while. And I won't stop promoting this  until my fingers drop off.

No comments:

Post a Comment