Sunday, February 28, 2010

this one's a serious one sorry

A friend of mine has asked me to promote this
http://how2savealife.tumblr.com/
It's regarding bone marrow/stem cell donations for people suffering from leukemia and other blood related diseases. I'm not sure why its so important to her; but I'm afraid I might have figured out why. Its an incredibly worthy cause; you have to be 18 to sign up in Australia here, the website is this in America and either The Anthony Nolan Trust or the British Bone Marrow Registry in Britain.
I'm still unsure if I'm eligible to donate once I turn 18 because I was born in England; and in Australia there are regulations against blood and blood product donations if you lived in the UK for 6 months or more between 1987 and 1995 or something. I think I can donate marrow, but not blood.
And I will.
As soon as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment